I'm running for the School Board for three important reasons:
- Equity must be our priority. Strong schools in every neighborhood today are the key to a strong Minneapolis tomorrow. I will fight for equity across all of our schools to provide the resources every student needs to thrive.
- Students are not data points. Data-driven education programs have their benefits, but effective education recognizes that every student is a unique individual. For every student to thrive, teachers and front-line staff must be empowered to address the needs of the whole child.
- Our community should decide what best for our schools. Out-of-state billionaires are pouring money into Minneapolis school board elections and elections across the country. I support local, democratic elections for our school boards.
My first and only loyalty is to our students and teachers. The most powerful tool for change in the life of a student is a relationship with a caring, motivated adult. I want our teachers to be able to use their knowledge and training to the fullest, and I will build bridges to our community, business and philanthropic leaders to make the Minneapolis Public Schools a foundation for future success for all our students.
We support Bob Walser and we hope you will join us on November 8th
- Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Local 59
- Jenny Arneson, Chair, Minneapolis Board of Education
- Kim Ellison, Director, Minneapolis Board of Education
- Rebecca Gagnon, Director, Minneapolis Board of Education
- Tom Madden, former Chair, Minneapolis Board of Education
- Representative Frank Hornestein
- Senator Scott Dibble
- Representative Karen Clark
See all of Bob Walser’s endorsements